After receiving lots of complaints from individuals and institutions about universities running distance education courses through study centers, DHTE issued this statement.
Director T.Karikalan adviced public to go through UGC & AICTE website to verify the recognition of courses and educational institutions.
It has been seen that most of these universities are indulge in offering technical courses. Any University, Deemed university or Distance Education Institution are required to obtain prior recognition from UGC & AICTE before offering any technical course. People can find list of approved universities and institutions offering technical education on UGC & AICTE website.
We, MbaFrog, has also published several articles in past about such scams to warn our readers. You may go through the following articles on our blog to update your knowledge on the issue
- DEC Policy On Duration Of Distance Education MBA/PGDM Courses
- UGC List Of Fake Universities In India 2014
- Beware: B.Tech Distance Education Trap
- You Can Be The Next Victim Of Distance Education
- AICTE Approved Universities Offer Technical Courses Distance Education
- UGC Proposed Set Rules To Maintain Distance Learning Standard
- 5 Things You Should Ask Before Join A Distance Education Course
In a statement, Director T.Karikalan said that engineering, technology courses, architecture, civil, pharmacy, hotel management and catering offered though distance education mode are not recognized.
In our personal experience most of people who become victim of distance education are those who joins a course in the field of engineering, technology courses, architecture, civil, pharmacy, hotel management and catering.
He further added that courses like MBA & MCA are permitted to be offered in distance learning mode.
These kind of statements from educational regulatories and bodies are really an eye openers for many. We truly hope that people will get benefited after reading such statements.