Osmania University offers 2 years part time BEd programme under distance education mode through its 5 study centers. Below are the name of the study centers
- Malla Reddy College of Education, Suraram ‘X’ Roads,Quthbullapur (M), Ranga Reddy Dist.
- N.S.R. College of Education, V.V. Campus, Jambagh, Koti, Hyderabad. 4
- Islamia College of Education, Mustabad Road, Siddipet, Dist. Medak.
- Gokul College of Education, Gokul Nagar, Nalgonda.
- Govt. College of Teacher Education, Mahabubnagar.
The university conducts an entrance exam every year for admission into its BEd distance education programme. All admission into Osmania University BEd course are done on the basis of rank obtained by a student in BEd entrance exam.
Osmania University Distance Education BEd 2016-2017
If you're looking for admission into Osmania University Distance Education BEd course, you must fulfill the following admission eligibility criteria.
- Teachers with a bachelor degree with 2 years of working experience, serving in a recognized Primary / Elementary / Secondary / Sr.Secondary school are eligible for admission.
- Candidates who are presently working in the territory assigned to Osmania University will only get admissions into the BEd course.
Candidates have to produce a certificate of service from the Head of the institution / Employer and self declaration of the service. The candidate should submit no objection certificate from the present employer.
All candidates must qualify the BEd entrance test to be eligible for admission.
Note: The eligibility of the candidate will not be verified at the time of entrance test. You must check the eligibility criteria by yourself before applying for the admission. The verification will be done at the time of admission.
- The admissions will be made on the basis of the rank obtained by a student in BEd entrance test.
- There are total 5 methodologies available for admission into BEd course and admission into each methodology is based on the percentage limit prescribed by the University / Government from time to time. The percentage of admissions into the five methodologies as per the current rule is as follows:
(Code No) (Percentage)a) Mathematics Methodology (MS) : 01 25%
b) Physical Sciences Methodology (PS) : 02 10%
c) Biological Science Methodology (BS) : 03 20%
d) Social Studies Methodology (SS) : 04 35%
e) English (EM) : 05 10%
The BEd Entrance Exam
The BEd entrance exam will be of 90 minutes duration with 100 objective type questions. There will be 3 parts in the entrance exam i.e Part A,B,C. Part A & B is common for all students. Part C will be based on the methodology chosen by the student.
- General English (20 Marks)
- General Knowledge (10 Marks)
- Teaching Aptitude (10 Marks)
- Mathematics : 60 marks
- Physical Sciences : 60 marks (Physics : 30 marks & Chemistry : 30 marks)
- Biological Sciences : 60 marks (Botany : 30 marks & Zoology : 30 marks)
- Social Studies : 60 marks (Geography : 20 marks, History : 20 marks Civics : 10 marks & Economics : 10 marks)
- Special English : 60 marks
The qualifying marks for all students except SC/ST students is 25%. There is no minimum %age of qualifying marks for Candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
Candidates can download the complete syllabus of Osmania University Entrance test from the university official website http://www.osmania.ac.in/admissions
Submission Of Application Form
Students may submit their application form on any working day between 10 AM to 4 PM to The Director, Directorate of Admissions, (Near PGRR CDE)
Osmania University Campus, Hyderabad - 500 007
The application form can be submitted in-person or through post.
BEd Course Fee
The total fee of Osmania University Distance Education BEd course is Rs. 20,000/- for all students including (OBC/SC/ST) candidates.
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission
- Entrance Hall Ticket.
- Entrance Rank Card.
- Degree certificate
- Memorandum of Marks (Part-I and Part-II)
- Two years experience certificate
- Proof of Local / Non-Local candidates
- Community, Nativity and Date of Birth Certificate for S.C/S.T./B.C.
- Required course fee plus the counseling fee.
- Copies of certificates of PH/NCC/CAP/Sports categories(if applicable).
For more details visit Osmania University official website.