Andhra University was set up about forty one years back in 1972 as a pioneer to offer quality based higher education. It is one of the oldest established universities of India, and has been ranked as an ‘A’ grade university by NACC in academic excellence.
Andhra University Distance Education
Andhra University Distance Education Courses
Andhra University offers various distance education courses including various certification courses, diploma courses, graduate courses, post graduate courses & professional courses. We've tried to give you a brief about these courses offered by Andhra University Distance Education.
Certification Courses (6 months duration)
- Certificate in Office Automation and Accounting (English Medium)
- Certificate in Office Automation and Multimedia Technologies (English Medium)
- Certificate in Office Automation and Internet Technologies (English Medium)
- Diploma in Consumer Education (6 months)
- Diploma in Music (2 years, English Medium)
- Diploma in Management
Post Graduate Diploma Courses
- PG Diploma in Co-operation and Rural Studies
- PG Diploma in Functional English
- PG Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- PG Diploma in Management of Voluntary Organizations
- PG Diploma in Computer Programming and Applications
- PG Diploma in Translation
- PG Diploma in Environmental Sciences
- PG Diploma in Consumer Education (One year)
- PG Diploma in Public Interest
- PG Diploma in Digital Governance
Graduate Courses (3 Years Duration)
- B.A. (Both English and Telugu Medium) (*only for candidates who qualify the Entrance Exam)
- B.Com. (Both English and Telugu Medium) (*only for candidates who qualify the Entrance Exam)
- B.Com Customer Service Management (Only in English Medium)
- B.Sc. (English Medium only) (*500 extra for computers)
- MP Comp.
- M Comp. Stat.
- M Eco. Comp
Post Graduate Courses (2 Years Duration)
- MA in English
- MA in Hindi
- MA in Telugu
- MA in History
- MA in Economics
- MA in Politics
- MA in Public Administration
- MA in Sociology
- MA in Philosophy
- MA/ MSc. Mathematics
- MA in Psychology
- MA in Botany
- M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry
- M.Sc. in Zoology
- B.Ed. III Methodology / MA in Education III Methodology
- M.B.A. (Finance / HRM / Marketing / Hospital Administration)
- Executive M.B.A. (Finance / HRM / Marketing)
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
Eligibility Criteria for Andhra University Distance Education Courses
Below we've mentioned the eligibility criteria for some of the courses offered by Andhra University Distance Education. For detail information we recommend our readers to visit Andhra University distance education website.
Certification Courses (All)
Candidates who have passed Intermediate or equivalent or B.A. / B.Com are eligible. Entrance Examination conducted by SDE or other Universities under open system to generate merit.
- Consumer Education: Passed Intermediate or equivalent or B.A. / B.Com. Entrance Examination conducted by SDE or other Universities under open system for merit list.
- Music: Candidate must have completed at least 15 years of age by 1st July of the year of admission.
- Management: Any Bachelor’s degree from any field.
Post Graduate Diploma Courses
- Cooperation and Rural Studies: In-service candidates who are working in cooperatives and allied institutions including non-officials with any Bachelor’s Degree except BFA and BA OL.
- Functional English, Travel and Tourism Management, Management of Voluntary Organizations, Environmental Sciences: Any Bachelor’s degree from any field.
- Computer Programming and Applications: Any degree except BFA and BA(OL)
- Translation: Any Degree with mother tongue Telugu either as mother tongue, or a subject of study.
- Consumer Education, Public Interest, Digital Governance: Any Graduate
- B.A.: Intermediate / PUC / equivalent or 2-year I.T.I. of AP after passing SSc or B.A. / B.Com. Entrance Examination to be conducted by this School.
- B. Com.: Intermediate / PUC / equivalent or pass in B.A. / B.Com. Entrance Examination to be conducted by this School
- B. Com in Customer Service : Intermediate / PUC / Equivalent
- B. Sc.: With the addition of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics and Computers. Intermediate / PUC / Equivalent with Physical Sciences and Mathematics as subjects.
Post Graduate Course
- M.Com : B.Com or B.B.M
- MA English : B.A. or B.Com or B.Sc. or BFA or BA (OL) or BAL
- MA Hindi: BA or B.Com or B.Sc. with Hindi as one of the compulsory subjects or Sahitya Ratna with POL.
- MA Telugu: BA or B.Com or BSc or BA (Special) with Telugu as compulsory Subject of study or B.Sc. (Home Sciences) with a maximum of 100 marks in each paper.
- MA History: BA (Pass or Hons.) OTBA BA (OL) with History as one of the compulsory subjects
- MA Economics : BA plus Economics
- MA Politics, Public Administration, Sociology : Any Degree General or Professional or Vocational or Technical
- MA Philosophy, Psychology : Any Graduate from any field
- MA Botany, Organic Chemistry, Zoology : BSC with relevant subjects as needed
- L.L.M : BL / Equivalent
- B.Ed. III Methodology: B.Ed. Degree or MA Education
- M.B.A. /M.C.A.: Any graduate (except BFA and BA OL) with 50% marks for General (SC / ST / BC candidates may have 45% marks) is eligible. Mathematics must be a compulsory subject at SSC / Intermediate level. Besides qualifying in ICET or Entrance test shall be conducted by Andhra University
- Executive M.B.A.: In addition to eligibility criteria for 3-year MBA, candidate must have a 2 year in service experience after graduation.
- MHRM/ Master of Journalism and Mass Communication: Any Graduate from any field.